Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Witches

Last week I took the kids and went to Gardiner Village with my mom. On the way there I told Grayson that we were going to see lots of witches. As many moms know that when kids start acting like stinkers you start throwing out empty threats or saying silly things just to get them to behave. Well silly me, I told Grayson that witches LOVE little boys' toes. They like to get em and mix them in their witches brew. Well little did I know what an impact that would have on him. He wasn't scared of the witches at Gardiner Village because they were all fake and my mom was telling him how these witches are nice witches. But everyday since then he has been asking about them, asking Daddy if he got in a fight with a witch who would win, asking if witches are in the mountains, telling me that he would kick a witch and punch her in the stomach and hit her with his light saber. One night after I put him to bed he came out of his room crying saying, "I dont want it to be Halloween. I never ever want Halloween. Just Christmas." I told him witches are just people dressed up in silly costumes. They're just pretend. The next day he still asked about them. Yesterday I went to Sally's and got some nailpolish for the Halloween season. I had a little epifany and ran in and told Grayson that if we have black and orange paint on our fingernails and toenails the witches will be scared of us and won't get us. He was really excited about that and I thought the matter to be squashed. Last night we took some food up the canyon and went to a camp spot to have a fire and roast marshmellows. "Mom, are there witches in the mountains?" Then, while he was playing in the fire lighting a long stick on fire he said, "If a witch ran up to me she would run into this stick and get burned." Hopefully he's not scared of Santa Claus when Christmas rolls around :)
Our lovely witch proof toenails

About to eat a car

The fishy face.

1 comment:

Wade and Brianna said...

LOL!!!!! Ashley that is so stinking funny. I can;t believe you told him that and now he has to wear nail polish to ward off the witches. You are a funny momma