I am happy to say that Grayson is officially potty trained for real this time? How can it be? How can I know for sure? Well, instead of me just having him go 100 times a day to prevent any accidents... he goes for a couple of hours at a time without going then HE ACTUALLY TELLS ME HE HAS TO GO... then. he. GOES. all by himself. Although tonight we did have a minor accident that went a little something like this.
Grayson: Mommy I have to go potty!
Me: Okay run to the bathroom and go!
Grayson came running out of the bathroom naked.
Grayson: Mommy I peed on your floor!
Mommy ran to the bathroom to see the mess
Me: Grayson why did you pee on my floor?
Grayson: Uh because I wanted to.
Lovely.
Also whenever we ride in the car, Grayson is the new dictator of music. For some reason he has developed a taste in music for an almost 3 yr old that is quite surprising. If we get in the car and a girl is singing he tells me he wants to listen to boy music. So I turn it to x96 and ask him if he likes it and he says ya. So some of his favorites are Nirvana, Green Day, Smashing Pumkins...I mean I like all of that music, but since I've had kids all I listen to in the car is FM100 and Oldies. So now I can go back to my old listening habits and not feel too guilty :)
Grayson and Madison are also interacting with each other more and more. He shares most of his toys with her pretty willingly and he is more than happy to feed her his food and whatever he is drinking. She totally loves it! Oh and in the car they have noise wars. One of them will make a noise (most of the time its yelling so I am a little crazy in the car) and the other one will copy and it will go back and forth the duration of the car ride. Hey at least they stay entertained. Also, Madison just adores Grayson. Whenever he is on the floor playing she will crawl over to him in turbo mode and start patting him on the head and leaning over trying to give him a kiss. It is so sweet.
Madison now has7 teeth! I cant' believe it. Yes, she's still nursing, but probably not for much longer. I've just gone from nursing her 5 times a day to 3. She's not walking by herself yet, but it will happen soon I'm afraid. She is pretty brave and walks everywhere holding onto stuff. Chairs, walls, tables, anything she can grab with her chubby little fingers.
As for the sleeping situation. Both kids have been doing wonderfully while Dan's been gone. Both go to bed around 830 or 9 and sleep till about 8am. Oh and sometimes at night when I get in my bed I feel a little cold and lonely, so I go scoop Grayson up out of his bed, put him in my bed and snuggle him all night. Pathetic I know, but it makes me happy :)
Dan will be home in 17 days. I just hope I can hold tight to the appreciation I've gained for him since he's been gone. And no I don't just miss him for his warm body in my bed or because I have two kids and it's 'hard' to be without a husband. I miss him because he is Dan. I miss his smile, his sarcasm, his BUTT and everything else that makes him Dan.He is one of a kind and I am sure lucky he is mine.
4 comments:
Just to clarify...Grayson is officially POTTY TRAINING, not potty trainED. That would mean no more accidents period. So now that you're a year+ into it, you can finally say that he's on board with you! Trust me, accidents will continue to happen for a few months, if not more.
well he has gone over a week without having 1 accident! So I think he's potty trainED! And if he has an accident, then he's potty trained with an accident :)
LOL! I love what a stinker he is. Soon enough he will just be tired and miss the bowl a little and not even know he peed on the floor until it's time to clean the bathroom. SO glad you only have one cute kiddo in diapers.
That's way awesome Ash! YAY!! I'm with ya on the accident thing... they happen 'till kids are like 6... so I think you can say he's potty trained. Love those kids of yours! Oh and Madison can totally walk. She just doesn't know she can. Try and keep her crawling for as long as possible though. That first little portion of walking was SO hard for me. Milo always had little bruises. :(
Post a Comment