Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pioneer Day/Bear Lake

For the last week we've been up North visiting family and being attacked by mosquitos. We spent Pioneer Day in Bear River City where my Grandma Moo lives. There is a parade, baby show, and a nice rodeo where Mutton Bustin' actually was born (for those of you non-rodeo types its where little kids ride sheep.) Believe it or not I participated in it during my younger days and have memories of mouthfuls of manure. Great times. Then next evening we met our family at Maddox (its famous so make sure and go there before you die) and then made the trek up to Bear Lake for our cheap but oh so fun 'family vacation'. We spent days on the beach, we went boating, got rasberry shakes every night, and even ended the vacation with the 24 hour stomach flu! So yesterday when we came home I was covered with about 15 mosquito bites (Grayson got ZERO so I consider myself a good mother) and welcomed myself to my home sweet home by running in the bathroom, barfing, passing out and then barfing while passed out. Waiting outside for Grandma and Papa to pick us up to go to Bear River


Abbey and me with our boys
The kids buried me in the sand complete with boobies and a weener.Grayson loved throwing wet sand at everyone. Its hard to discipline while laughing...

Dan and the kids dug elaborate moats and built castles on the beach

The water was the same level 50 feet out
My boys. Oh they're cute.

2 comments:

Monica said...

I have great memories of Bear Lake--especially the raspberry shakes. Oh, how I miss them!

Darcie said...

I can't believe you went to Bear River Days. Cannon asked me if I was going and I said " Hell no." I am so rude. I was a mutton buster once too. I wondered if they still had the boxing, how dangerous.
We haven't made it to Bear Lake yet, but hopefully in a couple weeks. I love the shakes, even if they do import all the raspberries these days. Looks like a lot of fun.