Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lake Powell!

Here we are at some Anasazi ruins. I decided to run around in my underwear to feel more native ;) It was pretty cool, there were some pictographs on the wall from like 1210AD. There were 4 warrior like stick figure men and one of them had a little something between his legs. Sure enough as soon as Jake saw it he said "Hey dad look that one has a weener!" He must have been the tribe leader. Men and their complex about their 'business' dates back quite a long time!

You guessed it, here Grayson is driving the boat... his new favorite past-time! He would get on Papa's lap and put his hands on the wheel and push Papa's hands off. He only liked to turn right- so that became a problem when we started going around and around in circles- but then Papa tried to correct the problem and Grayson got really mad. We learned pretty quick that if we were going to have a happy trip we would have to learn how to say 'No' to the cute little guy!Lovely face shot of the brotha and me. We dont look so much alike anymore since I died my hair some weird color!

Jake was tube surfing and I was trying to keep Grayson from falling off! Whenever we played on the tube when the boat was stopped Grayson would go to the side and lean over face first and fall in. He did it a few times and never seemed to learn. Oh, speaking of his face in the water... thats a problem I'm not quite sure how to correct. He drinks the bath water (no big deal the soap is really mild) oh but wait he drinks the pool water (chlorene supposedly gives kids diareaha but he hasnt gotten that yet) but the worst is he sticks his face in LAKE POWELL and drinks that water! I'm pretty sure LP is the nastiest germ infested poop infested dead body infested place in the Western United States! So I really hope he doesnt get some kind of stomach infection. But seriously how do you teach a 16 month old what water is okay to drink? It's all the same to him!



It was a fun little family trip, we were just missing Natalie P from the original Kessler clan. At nights it was almost like Lake Shasta when we were kids but with a crying baby and no foot massages! Grayson had a hard time sleeping the first night, did a little better the second night, then the third night (our last night) he seemed well adjusted-just in time for us to leave! Beautiful right?!? And yes its true Dan doesnt really like LP that much but he wasnt on the trip because he was busy with work. I would have made him go otherwise :)


3 comments:

Natalie said...

I don't know...I think you and Adam still look alike! I wish I could have stayed! Michael needed me though! Maybe one year we'll all get down at the same time!

Michon said...

Ash! I love all the photos and the fun stories! I am so glad you are blogging sista! This is awesome!
Are you still coming to Reno for the 4th? would love to see ya! We have a motorhome you can stay in! ;)

Monica said...

Poop-infested water aside, looks like fun!