Monday, January 14, 2013

Thanksgiving!


For Thanksgiving this year we went to Palm Springs with my parents. We went to a resort called La Quinta. It was really fancy and I felt like a rich snob staying there. Buuuut I really enjoyed it and would totally go back anytime:) My aunt and uncle and cousins were there also. It was fun to see them because it had been years and we all have kids the same age so they got to know eachother and played really well together. We hung out at the pool, played soccer and football, rode scooters, ate dinner at fancy restaurants, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery and sunshine. 

 Grayson needed help tying his shoes. I asked my mom if she could keep an eye on Dylan. She walked over to the water fountain with him. I looked over my shoulder and shouted "Mom, watch him, he'll walk right in!" About 5 seconds after I said that he walked right in! My mom jumped in after him and we had a scared wet baby, a scared wet Grandma, and a ruined I-Phone that was in her back pocket. It was actually really funny:)
 He learned real quick to stay away from the fountain!
 Here are the 2nd cousins by the beautifully decorated tree. Grayson has a swollen face and red spots all over his body. We thought he was maybe allergic to catus but it turns out he had a sickness called Roseola. The day after Thanksgiving they had a Christmas tree lighting ceremony and Santa came with real reindeer. They even brought in real snow and created a sledding hill. We didn't bother to wait in line for that... the whole reason for this vacation was to get away from the snow!
 It was so fun playing soccer barefoot with everyone. The kids had a wonderful time.
 This is my cousin, Dad and Dan golfing at PGA West. Dan was stoked he got to play there.
Dan also took Grayson and Madison to the driving range one day and they loved it.
 Dylan is a Papa's boy. They stayed in a room right next to ours and he would always go to our door and say Papa, Papa! When we opened the door he would run straight over to Grandma and Papa's place.
 Sunday we drove to Newport Beach and spent the day playing in the sand, eating at Ruby's and going to Balboa Island. It was a little chilly, but still fun!
The kids on the pier. 
We also spent the next 3 days at Disneyland and California Adventure! We all had a great time. I was expecting to had a not so fun time because I thought Dylan would be miserable in the stroller all day. Turns out he was able to go on 80% of the rides, and they rides he couldn't go on I got a stroller pass and got to go on all the rides I wanted to. All the pictures we have from Disneyland aren't JPEG format so I can't upload them here. Grayson's favorite rides are California Screamin(he was 1/2 inch short so we stuffed tissues in his shoes so he could ride) Dan got a video of him on the roller coaster. It is so funny to watch! I'll see if I can post it on here later. He also really liked Space Mountain. He just loved everything. Madison got her hair done at Bippity Boppity Boutique and wored a princess dress all day. It was fun, but I don't really think it was worth the $60. She also loved the rides. She was really brave and not scared of anything. The park wasn't that crowded... the longest line we waited in was 30 min and that was for the new Cars ride (which was really cool by the way) but we are looking forward to going again sometime soon! 

No comments: