Monday, June 6, 2011

June? What?

 Daddy's home! Look what he brought us. We missed him so much. He was supposed to come home Friday while we were in Lake Powell. Tuesday night about 9pm my doorbell rang. He just showed up at my front door un-announced! I thought he was in Africa... he was the last person I expected. Oh it was a nice surprise:)

We went to Lake Powell with my parents for a few days. We had a really great time. We played on the beach, went hiking, swimming, got ice cream at the dock, fed the fishies, relaxed, tubed and Grayson tried out water skiing.
 They could have played at the beach all day
 Grayson loved getting naked and laying in the warm sand... a nice reward after braving the cold water and trying water skiing for the first time!
 All that fun is hard work...
The tube was a big hit! I even got on there with them once. I had a hard time getting comfortable and I felt like I was going to make the tube go flat.
 It felt great to have no pressure on my lower back! And the cold didn't really bother me because I have so much insulation.
 Here is the mighty captain. His neighbors call him Noah.
Grandma bought new hats for the kids. They were a hit for about 10 minuntes. Maybe they'll wear them more this summer. One time we were out in the middle of the lake and Grayson was playing on the swim platform. His hat blew off into the water. He was really upset and once we were all alerted he said, "I have to save my hat!" So he counted to 3 and jumped in and got it. He was so proud of himself. It was really cute.
And now it's SUMMER! Finally.

No comments: