While Dan was gone I did some things out of the ordinary. Here's a list
1. Popped a bag of Mallow Magic Popcorn and ate ALL OF IT. (I don't like popcorn)
2. Rented 'Dear John' and cried.
3. Stayed up till 3am waiting for an email from Dan on the other side of the world.
4. Put Grayson to sleep in his bed only to move him a few hours later to my bed so I would have someone to snuggle... I would say he slept in his bed the whole night 4 times.
5. Late night online shopping. Result... a dress from J. Crew, new sandals, clothes for Madison, and a new Vera Bradley purse.
6. I ate 2 bowls of cereal one night and watched Simpsons, Family Guy and King of the Hill. Yes, I am now dumber for having done so.
7. Religiously watched The Bachelorette.
8. Made at least 6 batches of cookies. - Gave away most, but would indulge on 5 cookies a day till they were gone.
9. Came up with many different healthy recipes to make pancakes. Ingredients included yogurt, oats, whole wheat flour, cottage cheese, and egg whites only. The recipe with buttermilk, cottage cheese, oats and bisquick turned out the best.
10. Spilled nail polish remover on my fireplace mantel and peeled away paint for 2 hours while watching the lamest show ever 'Woman Wanted' with Holly Hunter.
Needless to say I am so glad to have Dan home. The kids missed him like crazy and won't let him out of their sight. He had a very great experience but is happy to be back in the U.S.
3 comments:
Charles just got back from a trip too and I realize after reading this that I do things differently when he is gone too.
You crack me up. Sorry I suck as a friend and didn't hang out with you more while Dan was gone. I am so glad he is back... not that I don;t like freshly baked cookies on my front door but... I like regular Ashley more.
If i didn't know better, i'd think you were pregnant. Glad he's home!
Post a Comment