Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lake Powell

We had a fun time going to Lake Powell with Grandma and Papa. Daddy had to stay home this time because of other obligations... in my opinion it was a good trip for him to miss. Although we ended up having a great time there were a few problems!
1) The alternator for one of the engines was dead. We waited all afternoon on Thursday at the dock for the mechanic to come and tell us he did not have a replacement part and that we were S.O.L. Sooo we had to stay at the dock in a slip every night. We were also only able to travel at 5mph.
2) Madison was extremely happy to be on the beach and playing all day long, but when night came she turned into the wicked witch.
3) My dad forgot to put deodorizer in the toilet so the third night the boat stunk so bad the carbon monoxide detector went off.
4) Grayson locked himself in the aft cabin. While he was in there he pooped in his pull-up so bad it came out the sides. After two hours of trying to get him to unlock the door, my dad broke it and we got him out.

Grayson loves driving anything with a steering wheel.
We were playing in the water and Grayson got really cold. After being wrapped up in a towel he discovered this really fine warm sand. He went over and layed in it for quite awhile. It was really funny. He kept saying "nice n warm, nice n warm."
He wasn't a big fan of the water this time. A little too cold for his liking.
He found a lady bug crawling around by Madison. My dad said "Hey Grayson hurry and get that lady bug before Madison eats it." Well, that phrase triggered something in his mind and he picked it up, looked at it, and ate it! I asked him what the crap he was doing and he looked at me with confused eyes and said, "ate lady bug." Goofball kid.

She LOVED playing in the sand. She grabbed a big handful and stuck it in her mouth. Papa had a cow and scooped her up immediately.
Grandma bought the kids some cute sunglasses. Grayson thought he looked like Spiderman.

On the way home yesterday Grayson was being a little stinker and kept smacking me. So I said, "Hey Grayson are you excited to go home and go to bed because you're being mean to mommy?" And Grayson said, "No, I'm excited to go home and PLAY... with DADDY, and wrestle daddy!"
Then I was laying by him last night before he went to sleep and I said, "Isn't it nice to be at home in your bed?" and he said, "I like my bed. I like my fan." then he put his hand on the wall and said, "I like my wall. I like my clock." And then he slept all night long. It's good to be home.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like an adventure!

Jenn said...

Okay that is HILLARIOUS!! I can't believe the carbon-monoxide detector went off! I was rolling around laughing! You are brave to take the kids by yourself, good job.

Marcy and Isaac said...

Ash, do your kids ever wear clothes? Just kidding. Sounds like you had a ton of fun.