Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Hogle Zoo

It's hard to see in the background, but this is the snow leopard... although it's known to Grayson as a Jaguar. It's just like Thai Lung in the movie Kung Fu Panda. He was sooo excited to see it.
Grayson is almost the size of an adult female gorilla.
He was pretty excited to see the bears. I made sure to tell him how nice and cute they are because he wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes saying "bear get you bear get you" and we always have to tell him that bears live in the mountains not in our house.

Don't let this happy face fool ya. She really wasn't a fan of the zoo trip.
Notice he is just wearing a sock... he lost his shoe in the orangutan enclosure.

He loved this... I hated it. Poor leopard, was nervously pacing back and forth the whole time. He was so stressed out.
No, he's not giving the gorilla a titty twister. He was a little afraid to get by him though.
So I suck at taking video with my camera. I always turn it sideways, but I took the video for the sound not the picture so it doesn't really matter. It's a Gibbon monkey and I think he was horny. Some kind of a mating call I guess... he did it for like 20 minutes straight.
This is definitely a once a year trip. I'm not too proud of our zoo. It smells, the animals are sad, and frankly it's just depressing. Hopefully one day I can take Grayson to a real zoo.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

yeah, I''m not a fan of hogle either...I only go once a year and usually only when someone invites me (like becky).