Monday, January 5, 2009

Ohh the New Year.

It is weird to start out the New Year with so many uncertainties. Right now with the job situation up in the air the only certainties are dates... Like holy cow I'm turning 24 on Friday. That means I've graduated to my mid-twenties. Now when people find out how old I am they are going to expect me to be mature or something. The next date is February 16th. My little baby will be turning 2! I can't believe how fast time has flown. We are so lucky to have him in our lives. Then, there's April 18th! That isn't really a for sure date, but little baby girl Wolfe will make her debut right around that time... hopefully a little early to ease Mama's pregnancy woes. Annnnd then May 18th is our 3rd anniversary. It's weird especially when you add 2 kids to the mix, saying we've been married 3 years doesn't really do us justice. My life began when I met Dan, he has made me such a better person and I am SOO glad he is mine. I feel like we've been married like 10 years- in a good way! Who knows WHERE we will be celebrating any of these dates but at least we'll be together as a family.
As for resolutions, most of them are financial... Dan says he hopes for financial freedom, but the chances of that are slim to none unless we sell everything we own and live in my parents basement. And trust me, that ain't happenin! With no job it's kind of hard to write down financial goals... so that resolution will have to wait. Maybe when Dan gets a new job we will have another New Years celebration!
As for 2009 I hope my family stays safe, my baby is born healthy, and everyone is able to find something that makes them happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so your birthday really is Friday. Can we celebrate it? And good luck on the uncertainties. I think they can either be exciting or sort of frightening, but that's the control freak in me ...

Natalie said...

I am too much of an "organized" freak to handle uncertainties well also! But good luck with all that! And yes, now that you are in your mid-twenties, it is DEFINITELY time to start acting like an adult (plus the fact that you are the mother of TWO)! And FYI, I saw a fashion trend in a magazine that is making a comeback...prepare yourself for WHITE EYELINER! :)