Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to MEEE!



Monday night Adam and Natalie babysat Grayson (THANKS!) while my parents took Dan and I to The Roof at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I love it there! I know, I know some will say "there is better food for the price elsewhere" but I go for the whole experience. Let me explain... We walked in, the host took our coats and walked us to our table while explaining the Executive Buffet and the dessert bar that includes 26 desserts... Let me tell you, I have never been ANY place where there has been such a pleathera of desserts and been able to sample ALL of them. That right there is worth the $50 a person, especially a pregnant person. We sat at a table right by the window that overlooked the temple. Not to mention it was snowing ever so lightly and the spires of the temple were whiter than normal because of it. The piano was right by us so I requested a few songs including my and Dan's 'song' from our wedding. It was a very lovely evening and my parents were so nice to take us. What a good birthday present!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm with you, I love the Roof just cause it's an "experience". Erick took me there the night we got engaged...It's full of charm.
Happy Birthday!

Natalie said...

Happy Day!

Brad and Tiffany said...

Sweet birthday present! I hope you had a great birthday yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday. I'm sorry I missed it then. I have no good excuse. Maybe we'll have to try the roof - we've never had the experience.

Brianna and Wade said...

Dear Ashley... PLEASE come over and dance for me in your new outfit. I am pretty sure I would be cured after seeing that. So have you tried them out BTW? anyways thanks for the note. We missed you yesterday and today. Talk to you soon.

Darcie said...

I really like the roof too. It sounds like a wonderful birthday. I love dessert too.