Friday, February 8, 2008

Sweetness

Grayson really is the cutest little boy. And I know everyone thinks that about their own kid, but it's not just me. His personality is a mixture of sensitivity, adventure and silliness. He's turning 1yr old a week from tomorrow. His walking skills improve by the day. He will hold onto furniture then look over his shoulder and his little face lights up at the discovery of a new object. Then he just takes off walking with a grin on his face. When he gets to where he's headed he plops down on his bum and buries his face in the toy-usually a stuffed animal. He really knows what he wants. If he has his eye on something and he cant have it he gets frustrated and starts grunting. When I hold him sometimes before bed he grabs my neck skin and pinches it, not to be mean or anything, but just to play. He really is growing so fast. I cant believe how time flies. I feel really old saying that because my parents always say it! My biggest concern about raising this little piece of heaven is to remember what it was like for me to be a kid. Dan and I are all about having rules and having our kids show respect, but also to know how mistakes are a part of life. If our kids are anything like Dan and I they wont be able to learn by hearing it. They will have to try everything for themselves and learn the hard way...YIKES!

No comments: