Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Running Anyone?
So here's the deal. In attempt to get my body back (hopefully get a better one than before) after the whole having a baby thing I decided to sign up for a half marathon and run it with some girls in my ward. Its in Moab on March 8th. So after I signed up for that this guy calls me up, lets call him Jon, and says hey I want to run a marathon so I think you should want to too! So I told him I would run if he could find one in the western US before May 18th (Grayson needs a sibling) I would do it. Believe it or not there just happens to be a marathon in Ogden on May 17th. What are the chances? So we've been training probably only somewhat dedicated. And I say that because even though we have long runs on the weekend that we need to be prepared for... it takes a crapload of motivation to train during the week. And lets be honest sometimes I slack. But this past Sunday after the superbowl and eating junkfood... we went to the Olympic Oval at 9pm and ran a little over 9 miles. I'll admit it was tough, but in May I have to run 17 more than that (uh why am I doing this?) so in the big scheme of things it was really nothing-like I said earlier, its all about perspective!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment