Saturday, July 8, 2017

Cookies Cookies Cookies!

I either have really polite friends and neighbors or these cookies are actually really really good.

I have taken a family recipe and modified it to cut out butter/shortening and eggs. Basically no animal products- but plenty of refined sugar. I have tried replacing sugar with maple and applesauce. They just don't turn out good. The applesauce gives the cookies a cakie texture which is obviously not what I'm going for. So after much trial and error this is my new golden recipe.



Chocolate Chip Cookies

¾ cup coconut oil
¾ cup light brown sugar packed
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix until smooth

1 ripe banana
1 cup shredded coconut

Mix until smooth

1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup steel cutoats
2 cups flour

Mix until smooth

Add in 1 cup extra dark chocolate chips and stir by hand.

Form into golf ball size and place on cookie sheet.

Bake at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes

Yield 32 cookies



No comments: