Wednesday, July 27, 2016

July was a total blur!

I realize I am terrible at this.
I have a small desire to do better because I want to preserve our memories for the sake of my old lady self who will look at all these pictures and cry.

This July is officially named vacation month.

The day before our 4th of July weekend getaway, Dylan face planted on his bike and we rescued a baby opossum. Luckily no permanent damage was done and we found a zoo to care for the animal.




We went on a ferry ride to a place on the Nicoya Penninsula called Montezuma.We stayed at the Sano Banano hotel in such a tiny little town. At night in the restaurant below the hotel there were movies shown on a big projector. My kids saw a part of the movie Dumb and Dumber. Their new favorite joke is... "what do you get when you cross a bulldog with a shih tzu?" I can't help but laugh every time I hear my 4 yr old say bullshit!
It was so hot on the ferry ride, the boys needed ponytails.




We visited a beach town nearby called Santa Teresa where we found a surf shop and where we bought my first surfboard! Whaaaa?!?




We went on a boat tour to Isla de Tortuga where we were supposed to see dolphins, turtles, and manta rays... HA! We saw some fish. Maybe we'll dial in the correct season and try again some other time. Still fun and beautiful:)






We found a place with beginner waves at Playa Hermosa in Santa Teresa and all 3 kids (not me) surfed for the first time!

We ate at a local pizza place, tried some gelato (it tastes the same here), and enjoyed checking out the black sand beaches with iguanas and birds.



And last but not least, we visited the emergency room because we thought Grayson had appendicitis. Turns out he didn't, but when you're in the middle of nowhere and have symptoms of an exploding appendix, it can be quite terrifying.
And all of us got eaten alive with sand fleas and mosquitoes. Since then I have learned that rubbing coconut oil on your legs prevents the bites! 


No comments: