We had a great time in Lake Powell with my parents. I talked my dad into getting away from Bullfrog on this trip, so we rode down to Escalante and found an awesome place to sleep for the night. It's the picture of the huge island rock wall with sand to the left. We beached the boat there and woke up the next morning to the most beautiful glassy water I've ever seen at Lake Powell. The kids both enjoyed the water and the boat very much. Grayson and I jumped off the boat in Cathedral Canyon and swam to a nice little place to hike. We were in the shade and the water was dark so Grayson freaked out a little...(he threw a tantrum as Papa lowered him to me in the water and screamed all the way to the shore. Oh, and it echoed like crazy!) but other than that he really loved the water. He jumped off the swim platform and even went tubing by himself. Madison loved helping Papa drive and sitting on the swim platform splashing her feet.
A funny little tidbit... we left Wednesday afternoon and stayed in the hotel that night. When Grandma and Papa woke up the next morning they both showered... and then by Friday night both were itching for cleanliness again. So as usual, they shampoo their hair in the lake and shave. I'm like seriously guys can't you go 3 days without a shower!?! However I did discover a little B.O. of my own so I decided to soap the pits. It is very fun going with my parents, they always want to make sure everyone is happy and always have pretty decent food for camping on a boat. I always look forward to these trips. Hopefully we can go again a couple of times before the summer is over.












2 comments:
That looks so fun! I am jealous. Your parents are great. I love Madison's hair in the ponytail on top of her head.
That looks like a lot of fun. I really like boating. We have only been to Powell one time.
I am sorry I neglect your blog, but when you went private it wont update me when you have a new post, it just sits at the bottom of my list. Sorry, I need to check more often
Post a Comment